The United Democratic Party (UDP) will announce its presidential candidate for the December 1, 2016 Presidential Elections on 1 September, 2016 upon completion of a selection process. This was revealed in a press release issued by, Mariam B. Secka, Chairperson UDP Central Committee, on August 24, 2016.
According to the press release, the following selection process will be observed:
1. Application for selection as the party presidential candidate is open to all interested party members.
2. All applications must be addressed and submitted to the Chairperson UDP Central Committee on or before Tuesday 30th August, 2016 at 10. 00 am prompt.
3. The UDP Central Committee chaired by the party Secretary General shall meet on Tuesday 30th August, 2016 at 11.00 am at the party National Bureau in Banjul, to act on the applications duly received.
4. The UDP Selection Committee chaired by the Party National President shall meet on Wednesday 31st August, 2016 at 11.00 am at the party National Bureau in Banjul, to do the selection of the party Presidential Candidate for the December 1st 2016 Elections.
5. The UDP will formerly unveiled the Party Presidential Candidate for the December 1, 2016 Elections, on Thursday September 1, 2016 through press conference to be held at the party National Bureau in Banjul at 11.00 am.